EP 46: How to NOT let the market shift DERAIL your Real Estate BusinessJul 05, 2022
5 Things To Capitalize On During The Market Shift
1. Get back to the Fundamentals!
- Create and maintain your email list. It doesn't matter which CRM you use, or if you simply use an email system like mailchimp or Convertkit. An email list is an essential foundation of your empire.
- Create a solid marketing plan. Social media is by far my favorite way to market, and most of it is organic and free. If you're looking to jump start you social media strategy, join us for the Social Media Challenge starting July 6, or monthly for our C-Suite virtual days. I bring in tons of experts on the matter!
2. Solidify Relationships
- Ok so this is an interesting one. I can promise you, there's an agent out there you've pissed off the last few months during the epic seller's market we were in. Now is the time to make amends, grab a cup of coffee and say "hey, let's be friends again". You need the community of your fellow Realtors and their support as you forge ahead in the days to come.
- There's a good chance you've lost touch with some of your referral sources in the haze and craze of the last year. Now is a good time to reach back out and chat. However, stay away from scare tactics. We don't need to create a panic of buyers who all think the doom is coming with rising interest rates. It's our job to educate, not create unrealistic panic.
3. Be the Expert!
- Here's a good tip for new agents. Go and see homes. Seriously-for the next 30 days go and preview 3 homes a day in the areas you wish to sell. Your knowledge of what's expected in an area, what's top of the line, and what's below par will expand. This will help you as new clients start asking questions. You won't have to go find the answer, because you'll already know it.
4. Expand your Influence
- Reaching out and getting to now agents in other areas is critical if you want to build a sustainable referral piece of your business. Stop relying on Facebook groups to hand your name out and go BE the name others agents drop. Attend events like the Work, Play, Slay Event by Real Boss Women in Nashville, TN. Spend time daily communicating with agents across the country vis social media. Get out there and be seen!
5. The Mass Exodus is Coming. Are you Ready?
- When times are good, people grab a license and sell. When times mean you actually have to work to obtain a client, tons of those agents will leave the business. Watch for the signs in your area and be prepared to pick up new business along the way.
- Or, are you the agent that needs to find another form of work? Where's your super power and what lane do you want to drive in? Now may be the time to look for new and exciting opportunities!